Hard lockdown in Poland. The government increases restrictions introduced due to the coronavirus pandemic. From 27th March till 9th April, nurseries, kindergartens and a majority of shops will be closed, and the limit of customers will be introduced in pharmacies. Check what restrictions will be valid in the upcoming days and during Easter.
Poland remains in the global forefront of countries with the biggest daily increase of persons with a positive coronavirus test. More infections are reported in Brazil, USA or India, where the population is much bigger.
Restrictions in Poland from 27th March
- Large furniture and building shops with the area of more than 2,000 sq. m. will be closed.
- Shopping centres and malls remain closed, excluding, e.g., grocery shops, pharmacies and chemist shops, newsagent’s shops and bookshops.
Apart from that, new limits of persons will be valid in retail outlets, at fairs and in post offices:
- Meetings may take place in groups of maximum five persons, excluding household members. Persons vaccinated against COVID-19 are not included.
- Limit in churches: one person per 20 sq. m.
- Nurseries and kindergartens: only for medical professionals
- Sport: only professional
Covering the mouth and the nose and keeping a distance of at least 1.5 m from other persons is still required.
Important! Parents will be entitled to additional attendance allowance.