The Main Railway Station in Wroclaw (Wrocław Główny) is a destination point for many passengers and the most important railway junction in south-western Poland. From the capital of Lower Silesia, you can arrive by train in other Polish metropolises: Warsaw, Poznań, Katowice, Kraków. Railways are a popular means of transport for tourists arriving in Wroclaw from Germany and Czech Republic.
The network of regional connections is developing both in the neighbouring areas of Wroclaw and the biggest and most important towns of the province. You can arrive by train to Legnica, Jelenia Góra, Wałbrzych, Trzebnica, Oborniki Śląskie, Oleśnica, Oława, etc.
Fast and efficient rail transport is also ensured within the city borders. From the city centre, you can get fastest by train to Leśnica, Brochów, Psie Pole, Pracze Odrzańskie and close to the Wroclaw Stadium. In addition, passengers going by train within the city borders buy public transport tickets.
There is another argument for choosing rail transport – the Main Railway Station in Wroclaw is an architectural gem. Rebuilt and renovated many times, the building has preserved its most unique and spectacular qualities: the decorative body, the spacious hall for passengers and the roofed platform hall.
The Main Railway Station (Wrocław Główny) is in the very heart of the city, close to the main bus station, only 15-20 minutes of walking distance from the Market Square. Near the railway station there are also tram and bus stops; in addition, all night bus routes run nearby.
Car parks at the Main Railway Station in Wroclaw
Access to the underground car park is from ul. Małachowskiego and ul. Dworcowa. The first 30 minutes of parking are free of charge.
- 1 hour – 2 PLN
- 24 hours – 40 PLN
- Subscription for 3-7 days – 200 PLN
- Round-the-clock monthly subscription – 350 PLN
- Night subscription (from 6:00 p.m. till 8:00 a.m.) – 100 PLN
On-grade car park on the side of ul. Małachowskiego. The first 15 minutes of parking are free of charges. Up to 30 minutes – 3 PLN, each another 30 minutes cost also 3 PLN.
At the Main Railway Station in Wroclaw, there are luggage rooms, luggage lockers, bars, kiosks, an exchange office, a pharmacy, and a chapel.
The Main Railway Station is located in the city centre, 3 minutes away from the PKS Coach Station. The station is open 24/7, excluding the main lobby, which is closed for passengers between 12 am and 4 am. The station is within a walking distance from Wroclaw's Rynek (15-20 minutes on foot). The Railway Station area is one of the largest transportation hubs in Wroclaw.
- PKP Helpline – 19 757
- Przewozy Regionalne [Regional Transport] Helpline – 703 20 20 20
- Luggage lockers available upon payment of 8, 12 or 15 PLN – located in the central tunnel and the side tunnel
- Cafe, food products, bars and sandwich bars, press, cosmetics, exchange office, fast food bars, pharmacy, post office
Access by public transport
- By tram: 0L, 0P, 2, 5, 8, 9, 11, 15, 31, 32;
- By bus: K, N, 106 (to the airport), 110, 113, 114, 120, 122, 125, 145, 146, 325, 602, 612, 900P, 900L, 910;
- Night services 240, 241, 243, 245, 246, 247, 249, 250, 251, 253, 255, 257, 259.
- lockers (8, 12 or 15 PLN) located in the central and side tunnels;
- café, groceries, bars and sandwich shops, newspapers, cosmetics, currency exchange, fast-food bars, chemist, post office.