As of 3rd November 2020, simplified rules of referral to quarantine come into force. Check the details of the regulation.
Quarantine without the decision of a sanitary-epidemiological station [SANEPID]
- Person running a joint household with a COVID-19 infected person are required to submit to quarantine until the lapse of 7 days from the end of the isolation period of the infected person with whom they live. No decision of the sanitary inspection is issued in this respect.
- Information about isolation may be provided verbally.
- Information about the need to submit to quarantine, isolation or isolation in home conditions may be provided to the person concerned verbally, via ICT or communication systems, including by phone.
- Persons pursuing a medical profession are not subjected to quarantine when crossing the border.
- The release from quarantine at the time of crossing the border no longer applies to persons working on the construction of a gas terminal and on strategic investments regarding transmission networks or strategic investments in the oil sector.
- Data of persons subject to compulsory quarantine may be accessed by the Military Gendarmerie and Territorial Defence Forces.
The basis for the payment of money for the quarantine period is the submission of a statement about the need to undergo quarantine. The statement contains the full name of the insured, his/her personal identification (PESEL) number, if applicable, information about the start date and end date of compulsory quarantine and data concerning the person living with the insured in a joint household who has been diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2 virus infection and the signature of the insured. The employer or the obliged entity may apply to the State Sanitary Inspection for confirmation of information contained in the statement.
The basis for the payment of care allowance is the insured’s statement about the need to take care of a child or family member undergoing compulsory quarantine or isolation in home conditions. The employer may apply to the State Sanitary Inspection for confirmation of information contained in the statement.
Preparing and serving meals and beverages to be consumed on the spot is prohibited until cancellation.
Only the preparation of takeout food and (exceptionally) the serving of food and beverages to passengers of trains with required advance booking (to be consumed after taking a seat) is permitted.
Until 4th December 2020, in public administration offices or organisational units performing public tasks, heads of public administration offices, general directors/managers of offices or persons in charge of an organisational unit order the performance of remote work to employees, excluding organisational units of courts and prosecutors.
Minibus transport of persons
Motor vehicles structurally intended for the transport of more than 7 and maximum 9 persons, including the driver, may be used for the simultaneous transfer of persons in a number not exceeding one half of seats. This limitation does not apply if such vehicle transports persons living together.