Currently Wroclaw nurseries have around 7,800 places, including 5,258 places financed or co-financed by the city. The city will make around 3,150 places available for the spring-summer recruitment. The schedule and point-based admission criteria are presented below.
The recruitment for Wroclaw nurseries is conducted in a continuous way. Applications for admission may be submitted at any time of the year. Places are assigned to children also all year round.
The rules are different only during the spring-summer season, when a large number of places vacant from September is allocated (they are released mainly by children going to kindergartens and changing groups in nurseries). In order to carry out this procedure, the recruitment system must be updated with information about places vacant from September, new nurseries and groups.
This year the city of Wroclaw will have around 3,150 vacant places at its disposal. The recruitment system will include also a new Nursery no. 16 to be opened at ul. Sygnałowa. The nursery will be covered by the ‘Mom, Dad, come back to work’ project. Due to planned renovation work, the Nursery no. 6 at ul. Krowia will be excluded from recruitment.
The summer-spring recruitment schedule is divided into the following stages:
- From 8th May till 27th May, the submission of new application will not be possible due to data update needs.
- From 27th May, parents can again submit applications for admission, as well as modify their previous choices on the basis of new data. Information about the updated offer will be available in the recruitment system and on the city websites.
- From 9th June till 1st July, the possibility of submitting and editing applications will be suspended for the second time. During that time, all registered applications will participate in qualification for places available from 1st September (on the basis of points awarded till 9th June).
From 9th June, points for waiting will be counted, but they will not be visible in the system.
- On 1st July, preliminary results of recruitment for places vacant from 1st September will be announced (information will be available in the system) and point thresholds will be stated.
- From 2nd till 9th July, the parents whose children will be admitted to nurseries will have time for submitting documents confirming the fulfilment of criteria, and signing an agreement with the nursery will be possible till 17th July.
- From 9th till 15th July, the operation of the system will be suspended in order to restore the continuous recruitment mode (with the number of places as from 1st September).
- On 16th July, the system will be restored to the continuous recruitment mode and points for waiting not visible since 9th June will be updated.
The scope of recruitment covers public nurseries and private nurseries partially financed by the city. Recruitment for nurseries is available for children born between 1st January 2018 and 13th April 2020.
Postponement of inoculations
From 1st January, children vaccinated in accordance with the inoculation calendar will be admitted to public nurseries, with the medical record book serving as an attestation document. However, due to the state of epidemic threat, the Minister of Health and the Chief Inspector recommend the postponement of inoculations under the Preventive Vaccination Program for children.
Therefore, after the admission of their child to a nursery, in the case of missing inoculation due to the postponement period, parents are required to attach a statement of child vaccination impossibility and a declaration of completion of missing inoculations at the earliest possible time.
This also refers to applications submitted before 31st December that contain no information about inoculations. The nursery manager/director will monitor the completion of missing inoculations.
The parents who have submitted their applications are requested to confirm their will to participate in recruitment every six months (but not earlier than 30 days before the expiration of the application). Before the lapse of that time, parents will receive an e-mail reminder.
- Point-based recruitment criteria are unchanged
- Multi-children family, disability – 750 points
- Both working/learning/studying parents – 370 points
- One working parent or guardian – 150 points
- More than one children in the nursery – 100 points