The 9th edition of the competition for a short video about Wroclaw, whose participants will again present their own interpretations of the slogan: ‘Wroclaw turns you on? Shoot a video about Wroclaw!’, lasts until September.
The City Promotion and Tourism Department encourages inhabitants to attend the 9th edition of the competition for a short video about Wroclaw that has inscribed in the cultural calendar of Wroclaw events. After a few years of break, 'Wroclaw turns you on? Shoot a video about Wroclaw’ returns to give artists an opportunity to discover the uniqueness of the capital of Lower Silesia. Winners can win cash prizes as well as courses and gifts allowing them to develop professionally.
Subject-matter and aim of the competition
The competition is addressed both to professionals, advertising agencies and amateurs. Video materials should last 30 or 60 seconds. This year, three main prizes will be awarded in the following categories: ‘General video about Wroclaw’, ‘Wroclaw Dwarfs’ and ‘Animation’.
The submitted films should reflect the original character and climate of Wroclaw and constitute an interpretation of the competition slogan: ‘Wroclaw turns you on? Shoot a video about Wroclaw’. Participants will have an opportunity to show their own perception of Wroclaw – how the city inspires them, what they find attractive about it and what makes them feel good in it.
Schedule of the 2021 edition
- 21st May 2021: inauguration, start of promotion
- 3rd September 2021: deadline for submission of works
- 10th September – 20th September 2021: voting for the Audience Award
- 24th September 2021: announcement of results
- in the general category: 6,000 PLN
- in the Wroclaw Dwarfs category: 6,000 PLN
- in the Animation category: 7,000 PLN
Additional prizes funded by Partners of the competition:
- a non-cash prize in the form of a display screen, a graphic tablet and headphones
- a paid internship in the MagicLine Group
- a ticket pass of the Honorary Spectator of the AST Theatre guaranteeing double invitations to all premieres of diploma plays in the artistic season 2021/2022
- invitation to take part in rehearsals for the diploma play of the Department of Puppetry Art
- invitation to the set of a film being made with support from the Lower Silesian Film Fund (selected by the partner)
- presentation of winning videos (refers to main prizes) before screenings in cinemas: DCF in Wroclaw and in regional cinemas (APOLLO in Wałbrzych, LOT in Jelenia Góra, PIAST in Legnica, WAWEL in Lubań and PIONIER in Żary)
- a voucher for participation in a selected workshop/course/masterclass organised by the Audiovisual Technology Centre
- 25 hours of studio with an engineer for the post-production of sound for another short film for a selected winner – the prize funded by Zespół Filmowy KINESKOP
This year, for the first time in the history of the competition, audience voting will be carried out in co-operation with the Katarynka Foundation. The laureate will be selected in the voting to be held on www.adapter.pl – the first online cinema for blind and deaf persons from 10th till 20th September 2021.
Official website of the competition: www.wroclaw.pl/krecwroclaw