Wroclaw Dwarf Festival will last from 9th till 11th September this year. It is one of the biggest events in Wroclaw addressed to the youngest inhabitants of the city. The program includes a parade, an urban game, performances and silent disco.
Great Wroclaw Parade of Dwarfs
The main place of fun will be the Staromiejski Garden. On the garden premises, you will find the Dwarf Zoo Zone, Open-Air Eco-Workshops and other attractions. On Friday at 8:00 p.m., Kamil Bednarek’s concert will take place on the Wroclaw Market Square.
On Saturday, we will show premiere fairy tales about Wroclaw dwarfs and a Dwarf Cup board game tournament will take place. We also recommend a family urban game ‘Dwarfs and Endangered Animal Species’. In the evening, we invite slightly older dwarfs to a performance of Avatar Theatre and the Dwarf Silent Disco.
On Sunday, the festival moves with workshops to the Ethnographic Museum and the Museum of the Henryk Tomaszewski Theatre. You can also take a walk in the footsteps of Wroclaw dwarfs. In the evening, actress Edyta Jungowska will read fairy tales by the fire in the City Arsenal!
Dwarf Festival 2022 program 9th September (Friday)
Great Wroclaw Parade of Dwarfs, Market Square, 10:00 a.m.
Staromiejski Garden – Summer Stage of the Wroclaw Puppet Theatre, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. The program includes:
- Three art competitions for primary schools and kindergartens
- Dwarf Zoo Zone
- Open-Air Eco-Workshops
- Competitions and games
- Special free rides by Dwarf Tram (from the Opera tram stop) 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Market Square 8:00 p.m. Concert of Kamil Bednarek – free entrance!
Dwarf Festival 2022 10th September (Saturday)
- Mediateka, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Dwarf Cup board game tournament
- Staromiejski Garden – Summer Stage of the Wroclaw Puppet Theatre, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Dwarf tales (new premiere tales about adventures of Wroclaw dwarfs shown at each full hour on the summer stage), family urban game ‘Dwarfs and Endangered Animal Species’, 8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Avatar Theatre: Muzykant [Musician]
- 9:00 p.m. – 0:00 a.m. Dwarf Silent Disco. Free entrance, no prior registration required. The number of headphones is limited.
Dwarf Festival 2022 11th September (Sunday)
- Ethnographic Museum – Branch of the National Museum in Wroclaw, 12:00 p.m. Workshop ‘An Outfit for a Dwarf’. The Museum invites children to take part in workshops where their favourite teddy bear, doll or dinosaur can become a dwarf, too.
- Museum of the Henryk Tomaszewski Theatre 12:00 p.m. Drawing workshop ‘A Book for Dwarfs’. Registration from 5th September by phone: 71 391 69 40, ext. 113 and 116 (Educational Department).
- City Museum of Wroclaw 3:00 p.m. A walk in the footsteps of Wroclaw dwarfs. The City Museum of Wroclaw invites you to take an unusual walk in search of the youngest inhabitants of Wroclaw around the Market Square and its surroundings. Registration by phone: 71 347 16 91, ext. 27.
- City Arsenal 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. On the last day of the Festival, a joint bonfire and the reading of myths and tales with actress Edyta Jungowska will be held in the City Arsenal.