In Wroclaw, you can consult specialists in the case of family problems. This particularly concerns upbringing problems both in natural families and foster families or, for example, difficult issues regarding the care of a disabled person. In Wroclaw, there is a number of institutions offering family therapy.
What does family counselling consist of?
It is aimed at helping the family in an optimal way: on the one hand, diagnosing properly the problem that family members are struggling with and, on the other hand, causing the improvement of its functioning. Proper counselling or therapy will also help prevent potential future crises.
What can you expect from a family counselling centre?
- diagnosing of living needs of persons and families incapable of bringing children up;
- psychological, pedagogical, legal, welfare and any other aid to families in a difficult life situation;
- individual consultations/advice regarding the care and upbringing of children and young people for families/guardians;
- help in coping with upbringing problems;
- group education in the form of lectures, training courses and workshops, mainly with regard to the improvement of parenting competences and the formation and development of the skill of maintaining family ties;
- support in making important life decisions, the choice of a life path and active preparation for the fulfilment of roles in marriage and family;
- education within the scope of responsible parenting;
- help in the protection of maternity;
- family mediations;
- help and support for persons addicted to alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substances as well as co-addicts and families.
Most family counselling centres in Wroclaw are co-financed by the city.
fot. Designed by Jcomp