From 28th December 2020 till 17th January 2021, national quarantine will be introduced. Closed ski slopes and shopping malls and a movement ban on New Year’s Eve – these are some of the new restrictions. See what changes are ahead of us after Christmas.
New Year’s Eve according to new rules
The movement ban will be valid throughout Poland on the night of 31st December 2020/1st January 2021 from 7:00 p.m. till 6:00 a.m. This ban will not include necessary official duties and some other activities specified in the regulation.
New safety rules: from 28th December till 17th January
- The functioning of shopping malls will be restricted again. Only groceries, shops with books and the press, chemist’s shops, pharmacies and, among others, free-standing large furniture shops will be open.
- Hotels will be available only to uniformed services, medical professionals and patients of specialist hospitals. Workers’ hostels are also an exception.
- Closed ski slopes.
- Sports infrastructure will be available only within the scope of professional sport.
- Apart from that, persons arriving in Poland by organised transport will have to submit to 10-day quarantine.
The rules and restrictions applicable so far are prolonged
- Persons under 16 years of age are not allowed to move without a parent or legal guardian from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. (except for day camps).
- Public transport restrictions: 50% of seats, or 30% of all seats and standing places, with at least 50% of seats remaining unoccupied in the vehicle.
- Restrictions in places of religious cult: max. 1 person / 15 sq.m.
- Participation in assemblies: max. 5 persons.
- Weddings, first Communion parties and funeral receptions are prohibited.
- Closed gyms, fitness clubs and aquaparks.
- Restrictions in shops: max. 1 person / 15 sq.m.
- Senior hours: from Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Closed restaurants. Meals may be ordered only for takeaway or delivery.