It is a benefit amounting to 500 PLN per month for the second and successive child in the family without additional conditions. Low-income families will receive support also for the first or only child if they meet the criterion of 800 PLN (net amount) and 1,200 PLN (net amount) if the family brings up a disabled child. The benefit is valid until the child reaches the age of 18 years.
The benefit will be received by parents, legal guardians or actual guardians of the child (i.e., those who applied for its adoption to the competent court).
Important: The benefit is not applicable if:
- the child is married;
- the child has been placed in an institution providing round-the-clock maintenance service, i.e., a nursing home, a youth detention centre, a youth educational centre, a youth custody centre, a detention ward, a military school or any other kind of school, if these institutions provide full maintenance without payment, or in alternative care;
- the child of full legal age has an established right to receive a child support benefit for its own child;
- the family is entitled to receive a child support benefit or a similar benefit abroad, unless specified otherwise in the legal provisions on the co-ordination of social security systems or bilateral international agreements for social security.
Who may apply for this benefit?
The payment of 500 PLN per one child may be applied for by persons having a residence card with the annotation “access to the labour market” for a period of minimum 6 months or a temporary residence permit pursuant to the Foreigners Act, on condition that they reside in Poland along with family members.
Persons not entitled to the said benefit include those who have obtained a residence permit in Poland for a period not longer than 6 months, persons admitted for the purpose of studies and foreigners entitled to work on the basis of a visa.
Where to file an application for the 500+ benefit?
The application to be downloaded here may be filed personally in the office of 500+ MOPS (Municipal Social Welfare Centre), ul. Namysłowska 8, Customer Service Office (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) or sent there by traditional post. It may also be sent electronically via Empatia as well as banking systems or PUE ZUS.
Which documents have to be attached to the application?
- a statement of untaxed income,
- specific permissions to reside and work in Poland,
- in the case of persons running non-agricultural business activity that is taxable pursuant to the provisions on lump-sum income tax on certain revenues earned by natural persons – a statement of the head of the relevant tax office with information about the form of paid tax, the amount of revenue, the tax rate and the amount of paid tax,
- if applicable, a court decision on the establishment of a legal guardian for the child, a certificate of the relevant court or adoption centre concerning the pending procedure for the adoption of the child,
- if applicable, documents concerning divorce/separation and awarded child support benefits.
Attention: Income will include child support benefits for the other parent’s children and benefits from the maintenance fund. The child’s birth certificate is not attached to the application for the 500+ benefit.
Applications and statements are available here.
If you would like to learn more about the 500+ program in Wroclaw, call: 71 799 92 74, 71 799 92 87, 71 782 23 26 (payment)