Each day from 16th to 22nd September will be devoted to celebrating European Sustainable Mobility Day, the largest event dedicated to environmentally friendly transport solutions. The focus of the initiative is on the residents to raise the awareness of sustainable mobility ideas for the entire city. Since 2002, new EU members have been joinining in the celebrations.
Wrocław has been celebrating European Sustainable Mobility Day for some time now. The depot in ul Powstańców Śląskich opens its doors to visitors on 16th September, while ul Krupnicza is going to morph into a pedestrian plaza with trams only between 11 am and 5 pm on 17th September.
MPK bus (at the NFM):
- 11.30 Show "Trip of Joy"
- 12.30 Workshop "Jungle Book"
- 14.30 Show "Trip of Joy"
- 15.30 Workshop "Jungle Book"
Workshop area (promenade at the NFM)
- 12.00 – 16.00 Workshops by the PAKT Association
- 12.00 – Intro of Sustainable Mobility (Akcja Miasto)
- 13.00 – Q&A with Agata Saraczyńska (Gazeta Wyborcza daily), who is going to share the story of ul Krupniczej and the Four Temples’ District
- 14.00 – Brief presentation of the Wrocław Participatory Budget.
- 15.00 – Tomek Sielicki on the history of Wrocław trams
Tourist and Cycling Information Centre, Bike Café/Bike Garage – lectures:
- 11.30 – Talk for cycling enthusiasts – Bike Café
- 13.00 – Talk and cooking show: "Energy Smoothies", a vitamin surge and invigorating smoothies for cyclists. Speaker: Szymon Czupkiewicz - Bike Garaż
- 15.00 CYKLOLOGISTYKA – Cargo bikes as a modern urban mobility solution. Speakers: Maciej Tucholski and Paweł Puławski (Bike Café)
KSTM Vintage Tram:
- 12 pm – 5 pm, departs every 20 minutes from plac Teatralny (Opera House) – Świdnicka – Podwale – Krupnicza – Kazimierza Wielkiego – Szewska – Grodzka – Nowy Świat – Kazimierza Wielkiego – Widok – plac Teatralny/Opera House