On 4th and 5th June 2018, we invite you to attend the Festival of Freedom, which will abound in attractions. This will be an opportunity to celebrate the restoration of democracy in Poland.
During mutual breakfast at the round table, with scrambled eggs, bread rolls and coffee prepared by Robert Makłowicz, we will go back to the year 1989 together with the Mayor of Wroclaw to remind the participants of those events and tell those who do not remember those days about Poland's road to democracy in Wroclaw.
To manifest our joy, we will march along with a parade of vehicles from the Market Square towards ul. Graniczna, where plaques with the names of Rondo 4 Czerwca and ul. Zbigniewa Brzezińskiego will be officially unveiled. Then, in the afternoon, we will participate in the discussion panel What has Poland given to the world?
The Festival of Freedom is a series of events organised to celebrate 100 years of Poland’s independence.
4th June 2018, Monday
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Europe’s Freedom Breakfast at Widelec, Wroclaw Market Square
- 11:00 a.m. the departure of vehicles from the Market Square to ul. Zbigniewa Brzezińskiego and Rondo 4 Czerwca
- 11:40 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. unveiling of the plaque with the name of ul. Zbigniewa Brzezińskiego
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:20 p.m. unveiling of the plaque with the name of Rondo 4 Czerwca
- 12:30 p.m. a ride of the parade of vehicles to the Zajezdnia History Centre
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. What has Poland given to the world? – a discussion panel, BarBara
5th June 2018, Tuesday
FESTIVAL OF FREEDOM – FORUM, Wroclaw Congress Centre
- 10:00 a.m. –10:10 a.m. the opening of the Forum of the Festival of Freedom
- 10:10 a.m. –11:10 a.m. Session 1: The heritage of the 1989 free election in Poland: How have we used our freedom (a presidential debate)
- 11:10 a.m. –12:10 p.m. Session 2: A special guest (a 30-minute speech and a session of questions and answers)
- 12:10 p.m. –12:40 p.m. a coffee break
- 12:40 p.m. –1:40 p.m. Session 3: Europe and the world of the future – democracy, openness, values.
- 2:40 p.m. –3:40 p.m. Session 4: Leaders of the future. Young people shaping global order.
- 3:40 p.m. –4:40 p.m. The future of Eastern Europe: challenges for Ukraine.
Participation in the Forum of the Festival of Freedom is free of charge and available to everyone. For security reasons, participants are requested to contact the Convention Bureau Wroclaw (email@example.com) to obtain a registration code. The number of places is limited.