Place of submission of documents/settlement of the proceedings:
Vehicle Registration Division
tel. + 48 71 777 77 37
fax + 48 71 777 78 16
- COM I
ul. G. Zapolskiej 4
ground floor, stands 1-21
opening hours: Monday - Friday 8.00-17.15
- COM II
pl. Nowy Targ 1/8
ground floor, stands 8 - 13
opening hours: Monday - Friday 8.00-17.15
- COM IV
al. M. Kromera 44
ground floor, 3 posts served by group R
opening hours: Monday - Friday 8.00-15.15
- al. Karkonoska 45
Division Registration Point � CM Polmozbyt
The registration point accepts payments made by credit or debit card only.
tel. +48 71 777 77 77
Who can apply / initiate the procedure?
The application shall be filed by the owner or a proxy (except individual cases where personal presence is required in order for the party to make a statement).
Required applications and documents to be made available upon request:
- written application for temporary vehicle registration,
- proof of ownership (purchase agreement, donation agreement, invoice, court ruling granting ownership),
- excerpt from the homologation certificate or copy of a decision exempting the vehicle from compulsory,
- registration documents (vehicle registration card, the vehicle card - if one has been issued, registration plate if the vehicle was registered in Poland),
- vehicle registration card (if the vehicle registration card is missing: FOR EU COUNTRIES � certificate issued by the last registration body confirming the data from the missing document, FOR THIRD COUNTRIES - another document confirming the vehicle registration abroad),
- import duty clearance proof if the vehicle was purchased on the territory of a third (non-EU) country,
- certificate of excise duty payment in Poland if the vehicle was purchased on the territory of a Member State,
- certificate issued by a competent authority confirming:
a. payment of the VAT if the vehicle was purchased on the territory of a Member State,
b. exemption from the VAT payment.
- personal identity card or passport with a proof of registered address in case of natural persons,
- personal power of attorney if the applications submitted by a proxy
- proof of payment of an amount of PLN 500 to the bank account of the National Fund for Environment Protection and Water Management (Narodowy Fundusz Ochrony �rodowiska i Gospodarki Wodnej): BGK, 3rd Division in Warsaw 65 1130 1062 0000 0109 9520 0014, with a mention of the VIN or the chassis, car body or vehicle frame number, or a statement of being subject to provide a vehicle collection network or an invoice featuring such a statement.
Attention! This condition applies to vehicles of the following categories:
- M1 � passenger vehicles with places for no more than 8 people apart from the driver (passenger cars),
- N1 � cars designed to transport loads up to the permissible laden weight not exceeding 3.5 tons (trucks),
- third party liability policy (for vehicles registered in Poland) pursuant to Art. 29, paragraph 1, point 1 of the Act of 22 May 2003 on compulsory insurance, the Insurance Guarantee Fund and the Polish Motor Insurers' Bureau, (Journal of Laws of 2003, No. 124, item 1152), the vehicle owner is liable to contract a third-party liability policy no later than on the day the vehicle is registered, excluding antique vehicles, before, however, the vehicle is entered into service. Pursuant to the provisions of Art. 84, 86 and 87 of the abovementioned Act, the competent vehicle registration authorities shall be in charge of verifying whether the compulsory third-party liability policy agreement has been concluded. If the inspected person fails to provide such a document, the registration authority shall notify the Insurance Guarantee Fund within 14 days as of the inspection or its completion.
Registration documents drawn up in a language other than Polish shall be translated by a sworn translator.
Forms to download
application - doc
power of attorney - doc
Additional related procedures:
To make an appointment online, go to Booking an appointment (COM I and COM II only)
The amount of the payments depends on the kind of the forms issued and the registration plate type. The payment should be made at a separate cash desk.
In case of payment via bank transfer the vehicle VIN should be indicated in the transfer title.
The registration proceeding payments may be settled at the Banking Service Points in cash, with a credit card or bank transfer to the following account:
- fee for registration plates PKO BANK POLSKI S.A., bank account no. 86 1020 5226 0000 6002 0428 8452
- registration fee PKO BANK POLSKI S.A., bank account no. 60 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 4702
- stamp duty (for power of attorney) PKO BANK POLSKI S.A., bank account no. 82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895
The registration point at al. Karkonoska accepts payments made by credit or debit card only.
Deadline and method of settlement of the proceedings:
Upon submission of the application together with the required attachments, the client receives the registration plates and a temporary permit for a period no longer than 30 days. .
Upon expiry of this period, they get the vehicle registration card (this may happen sooner if the document is produced earlier than expected).
The vehicle registration is an administrative decision.
Procedure for appeal:
Appeals may be filed to the Wroclaw Local Government Court of Appeal (Samorz�dowe Kolegium Odwo�awcze) through the Wroclaw City Mayor within 14 days as of the decision delivery.
- Act of 20 June 1997 - Road Traffic Law, Journal of Laws No. 108, item 908 as amended
- Act of 14 June 1960 - Code of Administrative Procedure, Journal of Laws No. 98, item 1071 as amended