Place of submission of documents/settlement of the proceedings:
Vehicle Registration Division
tel. + 48 71 777 77 37
fax + 48 71 777 78 16
- COM I
ul. G. Zapolskiej 4
ground floor, stands 1-21
opening time: Monday - Friday: 8.00-17.15
- COM II
pl. Nowy Targ 1/8
ground floor, stands 8 - 13
opening time: Monday - Friday: 8.00-17.15
- COM IV
al. M. Kromera 44
ground floor, 3 posts served by group R
opening time: Monday - Friday: 8.00-15.15
- al. Karkonoska 45
Division Registration Point � CM Polmozbyt
The registration point accepts payments made by credit or debit card only.
tel. + 48 71 777 77 77
Who can submit an application/initiate the proceeding:
Owner or a proxy (except for conditional registration and individual cases where personal presence is required in order for the party to make a statement).
Required applications and documents to be made available upon request:
The following documents shall be submitted for registration of a vehicle purchased abroad:
- application for registration,
- proof of ownership (purchase agreement, donation agreement, invoice, court ruling granting ownership),
- technical inspection certificate and an identification document of a vehicle previously registered abroad if required,
- vehicle registration card (if the vehicle registration card is missing: FOR EU COUNTRIES � certificate issued by the last registration body confirming the data from the lost/missing document, FOR THIRD COUNTRIES - another document confirming the foreign vehicle registration),
- proof of import duty clearance if the vehicle was purchased on the territory of a third (non-EU) country,
- certificate of excise duty payment in Poland or a document certifying that no excise duty payment is required or an excise duty exemption pursuant to the excise duty regulations if a passenger car or another vehicle classified as a four-wheel vehicle (the L7e homologation category) or light four-wheel vehicle (the L6e homologation category) has been brought from the territory of an EU Member State and is registered for the first time.
- certificate issued by a competent authority confirming:
- payment of the VAT if the vehicle was purchased on the territory of a Member State,
- exemption from the VAT payment.
- Proof of payment of an amount of PLN 500 to the bank account of the National Fund for Environment Protection and Water Management (Narodowy Fundusz Ochrony �rodowiska i Gospodarki Wodnej): BGK, 3rd Division in Warsaw, 65 1130 1062 0000 0109 9520 0014 (the payment shall be made by those who introduce a vehicle without providing a network or a non-entrepreneurial entity importing or purchasing a vehicle within the EEC) mentioning the VIN or the chassis, car body or vehicle frame number, or a statement of being subject to provide a vehicle collection network or an invoice featuring such a statement.
Attention! This condition applies to vehicles of the following categories :
- M1 � passenger vehicles with places for no more than 8 people apart from the driver (passenger cars)
- N1 � cars designed to transport loads up to the permissible laden weight not exceeding 3.5 tons (trucks)
- Personal identity card or passport with a proof of registered address in case of natural persons,
- personal power of attorney if the application is submitted by a proxy.
- In order to register a vehicle purchased abroad, it is indispensable to provide the original foreign registration plates or an explanatory statement if they are missing,
- Registration documents drawn up in a language other than Polish shall be translated by a sworn translator.
If the documents mentioned in points 5,6 and 7 are missing, temporary registration is still possible.
Forms to download:
application - doc
power of attorney - doc
application - pdf
Additional related procedures:
Recycling fee payment (PLN 500) to the National Fund for Environment Protection and Water Management bank account.
To make an appointment online, go to Booking an appointment (COM I and COM II only)
The amount of the payments depends on the kind of the forms issued and the registration plate type.
In case of payment via bank transfer the vehicle VIN should be indicated in the transfer title.
The registration proceeding payments may be settled at the Banking Service Points in cash, with a credit card or via bank transfer to the following account:
- communications payment PKO BANK POLSKI S.A., bank account no. 86 1020 5226 0000 6002 0428 8452
- registration fee PKO BANK POLSKI S.A., bank account no. 60 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 4702
- stamp duty (for power of attorney, except persons exempt from this payment pursuant to the Stamp Duty Act) PKO BANK POLSKI S.A., bank account no. 82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895
The registration point at al. Karkonoska accepts payments made by credit or debit card only.
Deadline and method of settlement of the proceedings:
Upon submission of the application together with the required documents, the client receives registration plates and a temporary permit for a period no longer than 30 days.
Upon expiry of this period, they get the vehicle registration card (this may happen sooner if the document is produced earlier than expected).
The vehicle registration is an administrative decision.
Procedure for appeal:
Appeals may be filed to the Local Government Appeal Court (Samorz�dowe Kolegium Odwo�awcze we Wroc�awiu) in Wroclaw through the Wroclaw City Mayor within 14 days as of the decision delivery.
- Act of 20 June 1997 - Road Traffic Law, Journal of Laws No. 108, item 908, as amended,
- Act of 14 June 1960 - Code of Administrative Proceedings, Journal of Laws No. 98, item 1071, as amended.