Place of submission of documents/settlement of the proceedings:
Vehicle Registration Unit (Dzia� Rejestracji Pojazd�w)
tel. + 48 71 777 77 37
fax + 48 71 777 78 16
- COM I
ul. G. Zapolskiej 4
ground floor, windows 1- 21
opening hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00-17.15
- COM II
pl. Nowy Targ 1/8
ground floor, windows 8-13
opening hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00-17.15
- COM IV
al. M. Kromera 44
ground floor, 3 posts served by group R
opening hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00-15.15
- al. Karkonoska 45
Division Registration Point � CM Polmozbyt
tel. +48 71 777 77 77
Who may file the application / initiate the proceedings:
The owner or his authorised representative (except for matters which require the presence of the owner to give a statement).
Required applications and documents to be made available upon request:
- an application for vehicle registration,
- proof of title to the vehicle (purchase agreement, assignment agreement, invoice, court�s decision confirming the title to the vehicle).
Attention! In the case of new cars, a manufacturer�s or importer�s declaration confirming that the vehicle is covered by an end-of-life vehicle collection system must be attached to the invoice,
- an excerpt of the certificate of homologation or a copy of a decision making the vehicle exempt from homologation (applicable to new vehicles, acquired in Poland),
- a document proving the payment of vehicle excise in Poland or a document confirming lack of obligation to pay vehicle excise in Poland or a certificate of exemption from excise as stipulated by the law on excise duty in the event that a passenger car or a heavy quadricycle (homologation category L7e) or light quadricycle (homologation category L6e) was imported from an European Union member state and is being registered for the first time.
In the case of passenger cars or both types of quadricycles listed above bought from a specialised car dealer as specified by the law on excise duty, instead of a document proving the payment of vehicle excise in Poland, a statement from the specialised car dealer confirming that the car dealer possesses the original or copy of a document proving the payment of excise on this car of motor vehicle in Poland may be presented,
- registration documents, i.e. vehicle registration certificate, the vehicle card � if one has been issued, registration plates � if the car has been registered,
- proof of passing a technical inspection, if required,
- identity card or passport with confirmation of the registered address of residence � in the case of natural persons,
- a personal power of attorney if the owner is represented by a third party,
- proof of insurance against civil liability in respect of the use of vehicles � under Article 29 paragraph 1 item 1 of the Act on compulsory insurance, the Insurance Guarantee Fund and the Polish Motor Insurers� Bureau of 22 May 2003 (Journal of Laws of 2003, No. 124, item 1152), a vehicle�s owner must take out insurance against civil liability in respect of the use of vehicles on the day of the vehicle�s registration at the latest, except for historical vehicles, and no later than the moment when vehicle is first used in road traffic. The Act (Articles 84, 86 and 87) stipulates that vehicle registration authorities must check if the duty to take out insurance against civil liability in respect of the use of vehicles is fulfilled, and should the inspected person fail to present an appropriate proof of insurance, the authority must report the fact to the Insurance Guarantee Fund within 14 days of conducting or completing the inspection.
Forms to download:
application - doc
power of attorney - doc
application - pdf
Additional activities � related procedures:
To make an appointment online, go to Booking an appointment (COM I and COM II only)
Fees will vary depending on the type of documents issued and the type of registration plates.
When paying by money transfer, please provide the Vehicle Identification Number in the transaction�s details.
You may pay the fees for vehicle registration at Banking Services Points by cash, credit or debit card, or money transfer to:
- fee for registration plates PKO BANK POLSKI S.A. bank account no. 86 1020 5226 0000 6002 0428 8452
- registration fee PKO BANK POLSKI S.A. bank account no. 60 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 4702
- stamp duty PKO BANK POLSKI S.A. bank account no. 82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895 (for power of attorney)
The registration point at al. Karkonoska accepts payments made by credit or debit card only.
Deadline and method of settlement of the proceedings:
After submitting the application and the required documents, you will be handed registration plates and a temporary permit valid for the maximum of 30 days.
After the period you will be handed the vehicle registration certificate (or sooner if it is produced faster).
Vehicles are registered through an administrative decision.
Procedure for appeal:
You may appeal to the Local Appeals Board (Samorz�dowe Kolegium Odwo�awcze) in Wroclaw by the agency of the President of Wroclaw within 14 days of the date when you received the decision.
- The Road Traffic Law Act of 20 June 1997, Journal of Laws No. 108, item 908, as amended,
- The Code of Administrative Proceedings of 14 June 1960 Journal of Laws No. 98, item 1071, as amended