Documents required from EU or foreign citizens for permanent registration for residency:
1. Foreign citizens:
- residency card issued in connection with the settlement permit or grant of a refugee status; settlement permit; or decision on granting a refugee status in Poland,
2. EU citizens:
- EU citizen residency card or residency permit,
- passport or an identity document.
3. Family members who are non-EU citizens
- residency document or residency permit,
Required applications and documents to be made available upon request:
- "Permanent Residency Report" form,
- confirmation of the place of stay issued by the owner of the premises or another entity with a legal title to the property where the person stays; the stay should be confirmed by providing a legible signature on the form and indicating the date of the form submission. The document confirming the legal title to the premises may be a civil law contract, a court or administrative decision, an excerpt from the land and mortgage register or another document confirming the legal title to the premises.
- the foreign citizen should produce the residency card issued in connection with granting of a residency permit, a residency permit for a long-term EU resident, subsidiary protection, a permit for tolerated stay or granting a refugee status in the Republic of Poland; or a residency permit, a residency permit for a long-term EU resident, a decision on granting a refugee status in the Republic of Poland, subsidiary protection in Poland or a tolerated stay permit.
- an EU citizen should produce a valid travel document or another valid identity and citizenship certificate as well as a valid document confirming their permanent residency right,
- a non-EU citizen being a family member of an EU citizen should produce a valid travel document and a valid permanent residency card of a family member of an EU citizen (Art. 26 of the Act).
Additional activities and related procedures:
Issue of appropriate documents/permits from the Lower Silesia Provincial Office, pl. Powsta�c�w Warszawy 1.
Registration for residency - free of charge
Stamp duty: for granting a power of attorney - PLN 17
The stamp duty can be paid at the Banking Service Points or to the following bank account: PKO BANK POLSKI S.A., bank account no. 82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895.
Deadline and method of settlement of the proceedings: immediately upon receipt of the application for registration for residency.
Procedure for appeal: no appeals procedure
- Act of 10 April 1974 r. on population registry and identity cards (Journal of Laws of 2006, No. 139, item 993 as amended).
- Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 6 February 2009 on identity cards and the procedure of identity card issue, invalidation, replacement, return or loss (Journal of Laws of 2009, No. 47, item 384).
A person who fulfils the mandatory procedure of registration for residency receives a confirmation of the registered address valid for 2 months as of its issue.
More about valid identity documents: http://infolink.wroclaw.pl/taxonomy/term/7?language=en i http://infolink.wroclaw.pl/taxonomy/term/5?language=en.
For more information, please contact: the City Office information centre at (71) 777 77 77.