- identity cards � application for issuing the document
Place of submission of documents/settlement of the proceedings:
- COM I
ul. G. Zapolskiej 4
tel. +48 71 777 91 47
opening hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00-17.15
- COM II
pl. Nowy Targ 1-8
tel. + 48 71 777 91 46
opening hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00-17.15
- COM IV
al. M. Kromera
desks 1 - 5
tel. +48 71 777 93 48, 777 84 70, 777 84 72, 777 84 76
opening hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Who may file the application / initiate the proceedings:
The City Hall in Wroclaw accepts applications from citizens with permanent residence in Wroclaw. In case of lack of permanent residence in Wroclaw � citizens holding previous permanent residence in Wroclaw.
Individuals who do not have permanent residence (recent permanent residence) in Wroclaw and have temporary residence in Wroclaw � are permitted to submit an application for issuing the Identification Card by the intermediary of the City Hall of Wroclaw at ul. G. Zapolskiej 4, room 3, desks 1-5. The application, for the purpose of its processing, will be sent by Post to the commune body competent for the permanent residence address.
Application for issuing the identity card shall be submitted personally.
The following cases constitute exceptions from this rule:
- a minor, younger than 13 years of age, whose application is submitted by parents or legal guardians appointed by the court or one of the parents or one legal guardian appointed by the court with written agreement of the second parent or legal guardian appointed by the court with a signature certified by the commune body or a notary (obligatory presence of a child older than 5 years when submitting the application);
- a minor, younger than 13 years of age, without the obligation to hold an identity card, on behalf of whom the application is submitted by one of the parents or legal guardians appointed by the court (obligatory presence of the minor when submitting the application);
- fully legally incapacitated person remaining under parental custody for whom the application is submitted by the parents or one of the parents or with written agreement of the second parent with a signature certified by the commune body or a notary;
- fully legally incapacitated person not remaining under parental custody or partially legally incapacitated person for whom the application is submitted by a guardian or a warden appointed by the court, respectively.
In case the applicant cannot submit the application for the identity card at the City Hall in Wroclaw � due to illness, disability or �other obstacle which cannot be overcome� � the applicant shall inform the office about the situation. In such a case, the receipt of the application takes place in the residence of such a person if the situation of the person allows for such procedure.
Required applications and documents to be made available upon request:
- application for issuing an identity card. Attention! the form should be printed double-sided.
- two sharp and identical photographs, size 35 x 45 mm, representing the current appearance of the person who is subject to the application, representing the person without headgear or dark glasses, representing the full left profile of the head of the person with distinct left ear, with the face evenly lit,
- abridged copy of birth certificate � in case of individuals who are not married,
- abridged copy of marriage certificate,
- a printout of the permission to issue an identity card to a child in cases when it is not possible to submit an application for issuing the identity card by both parents at the same time.
identity cards are free of charge.
PLN 9 for the authentication of an original handwritten signature on the permission to issue an identity card.
Deadline and method of settlement of the proceedings: 30 days
Procedure for appeal: not permitted
- Act of 10 April 1974 on population registration and identity cards (Journal of Laws of 2006, No. 139, item 993, as amended).
- Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 6 February 2009 on identity card specimen and the mode of procedure in cases related to issuing identity cards, their invalidation, replacement, return or loss (Journal of Laws of 2009, No. 47, item 384).
A citizen of Poland living on the territory of this country is obliged to hold an identity card:
- from the 18th birthday;
- from the 15th birthday, if the person has an employment relationship or does not live together with individuals under whose parental custody or care the person remains, or if the person does not remain under parental care or custody.
Moreover, a person has the right to hold an identity card in the following situations:
- Polish citizens living outside the Republic of Poland;
- minors who turned 13 (the document is issued upon the request of the parent or a legal guardian);
- minors who have not turned 13 (the document is issued upon the justified request of parents or legal guardians).
An individual applying for the first time for the issue of an identity card does not attach the abridged copy of birth certificate or marriage certificate, if they were drawn up at the Registry Office in Wroclaw.
The application for the renewed issuance of the identity card does not have to be accompanied with abridged copies of marital status if data in the identity card has not been changed and, in the identity card documentation, such abridged copies are present or such documents were drawn up in Wroclaw.
An applicant with congenial or acquired sight impairment can attach a photograph with dark glasses to the application. In such cases, the application is accompanied with a disability certificate in the case of a person of up to 16 years of age or certificate of the level of disability of a person who is over 16 years of age due to congenial or acquired sight impairment, issued compliant to provisions on disability certificates and the level of disability.
The applicant wearing headgear for religious reasons may submit photographs depicting him/her in the headgear. In such cases, a certificate of belonging to a religious community shall be attached.
More about binding identity documents: http://infolink.wroclaw.pl/taxonomy/term/7?language=en and http://infolink.wroclaw.pl/taxonomy/term/5?language=en.
In case more information is needed: City Hall Information Centre, tel. (71) 777 77 77.